Fri, 5 February 2016
1) News & Notes: Michigan inks Jim Harbaugh's "foundation" class.
2) Gameday: Recruiting analyst Steve Lorenz from 24/7 sports is with me to recap Tuesday's Signing of The Stars.
3) Quick Hits: The latest news from around WolverineNation.
Basketball beat writer Brendan Quinn from MLive is my guest next week.
Tue, 26 January 2016
1) News & Notes: Recruiting madness is upon us.
2) Game Day: Wolverine.com senior editor Chris Balas joins me.
3) Quick Hits: News from around WolverineNation.
I'm pushing back next weeks show to Thursday. As you know, Tuesday is our usual publish day, but it falls on signing day next week. So, we'll hold off until Thursday so we can air an updated recruiting round-up. Have a great Wolverine week everyone. GO BLUE!
Tue, 5 January 2016
1) News & Notes: Happy New Year! The future looks bright for Michigan football
2) Game Day: Beat writer Nick Baumgardner from MLive is with me to recap The Citrus Bowl & more.
3) Quick Hits: News from around WolverineNation
Thu, 31 December 2015
1) View From Section 17: How does Michigan matchup with Florida?
2) Visitors Segment: Brady Ackerman from The Gator Radio Network joins me.
3) Quick Hits: News from around WolverineNation and my closing thoughts.
Happy New Year! We'll be back next week to recap the game. My scheduled guest is beat writer Nick Baumgardner from MLive.
Tue, 29 December 2015
1) News & Notes: Citrus Bowl prep wrapping up.
2) Game Day: Beat writer Angelique Chengelis from The Detroit News previews Friday's game.
3) Quick Hits: Closing thoughts for today.
Part 2 of our Citrus Bowl previews will air on Thursday. My guest on our Visitors show will be Brady Ackerman. He hosts the pre and post game shows on The Gator Radio Network, and is the sideline reporter during the games. See you then. GO BLUE!
Wed, 25 November 2015
Michigan Man Extra: In 1971 Michigan trailed Ohio State late in the game. With just minutes remaining, and Michigan down 7-3, the Wolverines drove to the Ohio State 21. From there we all remember Bob Ufer's call. Cipa rolls to the right, he pitches to Taylor. He's down to the 15, 10, 5, 4, touchdown Billy Taylor! Touchdown Billy Taylor! Michigan won that game 10 to 7 and clinched an outright Big 10 Championship. Not long after that iconic moment in Michigan Football history, life began spiraling out of control for Billy Taylor. His story is one of glory, failure, addiction, and faith. Dr. Billy Taylor "Got Back Up", and has made a difference in this world. He is my guest today.
Join us tomorrow for our Visitors Edition. My guest will be longtime Buckeye beat writer Tim May from The Columbus Dispatch. Happy Thanksgiving everyone. GO BLUE!
Tue, 10 November 2015
1) The View From Section 17: We're in the hunt in The Big 10 East!
2) Gameday: Senior Editor Chris Balas from The Wolverine.com is with me.
3) Quick Hits: Injury update and gameday notes.
Hoosier radio voice Don Fischer will be my guest on Thursday's Visitor's Edition. Don't forget to join us. GO BLUE!
Thu, 5 November 2015
1) The View From Section 17: It looks like Jake Rudoch will be ready for Saturday.
2) Visitors segment: Rutgers radio voice Chris Carlin joins me to preview Saturday's game.
3) Wolverine Quick Hits: Injury update and gameday notes.
On Tuesday my guest will be The Senior Editor of The Wolverine.com, Chris Balas. Thursday we'll hear from the legendary voice of Indiana football and basketball, Don Fischer. Have a great Wolverine week everyone. GO BLUE!
Tue, 27 October 2015
1) The View From Section 17: How was your "improvement" week?
2) Gameday: Associate Editor Michael Spath from The Wolverine Magazine joins me to discuss the bye week and look ahead to Saturday's battle for The Little Brown Jug.
3) Wolverine Quick Hits: Injury update and Thursday program reminder.
Website: www.maizenbrew.com Listener Line: 313 263-4842 Open 24/7 for your calls. Email: themichiganmanpodcast.com
We'll be back on Thursday with our Visitors Edition. My guest will be Golden Gopher radio play by play voice Michael Grimm. GO BLUE!
Thu, 22 October 2015
In Michigan Football circles he is simply known a The Beav! If you read John U Bacon's Endzone you are familiar with his role in convincing Jim Harbaugh to come home. Jay Flannelly is my guest today on Michigan Man Extra. He talks about his friend Tom Brady, and how he enlisted his help in bringing Harbaugh back to Ann Arbor. He also talks about his World Series bound Mets, and his dislike of last Saturday's opponent, the Michigan State Spartans.
We'll be back on Tuesday with our Gameday Edition as we prepare for a Halloween night game with The Golden Gophers. Enjoy the bye week! GO BLUE!